You can type here any text you want

Turbotweak vs red armstrong

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wheelin

I've read nothing but great things about Eric ,but a few questions.

Is red's 93 chip a little more agressive chip than eric's?

This is For average modified GN,stock turbo and injectors with the regular mods.

Who uses more boost,who uses more timing?

Is red's as good as eric for streeability? ie idle,cold starts

thx mike

Either individual can burn you an excellent chip for your combo. Red has been around since the begining and there are alot of his chips floating around. Alot of people buy or try a used chip from a vendor that wasn't programmed specifically for their car. The car doesn't respond as hoped so then they blame the programmer and eventually call someone for a chip for their combo. Whoever does provide the chip usually gets the kudo's when all they have done is provide the correct chip for the combo. Chip tech has come a long way and I believe Red and the others have advanced along with it. You really can't go wrong here with either individual and they can burn the chip as aggressive as you want.

I used Reds chips for years. My TTA (50# injectors) would cold idle high then die when placed in gear, hesitate and bogg till warm, the car would sometimes die after you got on it then lifted off as it idled down, ect. I justed switched to Erics chip and all I can say is wow, all previous problems are gone, and overall driveability is greatly improved. The car just feels so much smoother and is now even more of a pleasure to drive. I will now be having a chip burnt for my TType as well.

Did you ever call Red and let him know there was a problem? Most chip vendors have the 50's down real good.

The 50's are great for a street car but suck if you want to run a lot of boost and Red likes to run a lot. Actually any Delphi injector has issues with fuel pressures under boost at 70+psi. If you intend to run with more than 45psi fuel pressure and 25# of boost then you should stay away from any Delphi injector and buy Siemen's high imp 55's or 57's as some call them. But for a street car that will never see much over 20# of boost the 50's idle and drive great.

Because of their design they tend to lock up at higher fuel pressure. Meaning they will not open or barely open. A freind that sells injectors has taken new 50's and 75's out of the box and tested them on a bench. Some have locked up at as low as 60#'s of pressure others worked until 75-80#. Because of his test he will not sell the Delphi/MSD injector and deals only in Siemens and Lucas products. I owned a set of 50's for 3 months because I went on the word of the vendors selling them. My car would miss badly with anything over 73# of total fuel pressure under boost. After switching to Siemens the problem went away. All the Siemens tested worked well on the bench past 85#.

Like I said before though. They are an excellent injector for N/A applications and FI apps as long as your not pushing a lot of fuel pressure under boost. Mine ran fine right up until that point of fuel pressure. I could back the boost down a couple # and it would clean up. I do stay away from these injectors now because I like the high boost.

Back