You can type here any text you want

Turning up the boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

extranjeo

Got my ALKY kit installed and ready to turn it up. Bought a pail of Renegade methanol. I have an adjustable actuator. I read a thread about this before but my search function has been acting up. In order to turn up the boost, do I make the actuator rod longer or smaller? And how many turns is 1# of boost? Thanks in advance!

Spin it in, the tighter the rod the more boost. An I think it's a 1:1 ratio but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.you will love this alky,it's like a whole new car on steroids.

Got my ALKY kit installed and ready to turn it up. Bought a pail of Renegade methanol. I have an adjustable actuator. I read a thread about this before but my search function has been acting up. In order to turn up the boost, do I make the actuator rod longer or smaller? And how many turns is 1# of boost? Thanks in advance!
#1 thing get a boost gauge do not rely on the stock one John

Mine happened to be 2 turns for 1 pound increase. Atleast I think. Just had my alky installed, sitting at 21lbs. I love it.

24 psi here on a te44 and it's an animal...shorter the rod...the more boost it'll make.

You do have an aftermarket gauge right?

Yes, VDO boost gage. I cranked the rod in a couple of turns and hit the street. My eyes were bouncing from the boost gage and scanmaster. About 18 to 19 pounds I am reading. Up from 15. No knock. I will continue my quest as the local college was graduating and turned my usual test and tune roads into gridlock. She is a boozer!

If your going to start boosting into the 20's I would start monitoring Fuel Pressure also.

I would also at least shift kit the trans and add an external cooler,especially if the car is on sticky tires

Back