tv bracket spring broken

herrakani

Hi I just found this forum googling around.
I found my throttle valve bracket spring broken and pin missing while I was changing oils. There was virtually no metal pieces on oil so the pin must have been removed sometime by the previous owners. He said the tranny was rebuilt in a reputable shop about 5 years ago.

tvspring.jpg

So you see the spring's not attached and the pin's missing in this photo. I am still driving this car though. It shifts quite well. Some slippage in 1-2.

Would any of you have an image of how this spring and the pin should go? The car's an '86 Oldsmobile STW with a th 2004r. I am about to salvage a new transmission and going to rebuild it anyway, but it would be cool to know what is up with this.

Thanks.

i have a 200 page manual on the 2004r this may be helpful because there is limited info on the trans out there.if you leave it out there wont be a problem however,let us know .theres a link here to it under ckperformance2004r overhaul manual.if so i can send you a fax

I just bought ATSG's TH2004r-manual and it was not very helpful. Ok, it was maybe worth all the 15 bucks it cost. :)

Leaving these out won't break the transmission? That's a relief. Thanks for the info.

I'll read the book-related topic.

CK Performance Book

I just received Chris' transmission book yesterday and it is excellent. I wish I knew about it 2 years ago; I would have saved myself a lot of time and money.