You can type here any text you want

TV cable broken

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
as my dad took me for a ride in the Trans am yesterday, it would not shift from first to second at WOT. it would get all the way up to about 5,400rpm's or so and hit the rev limiter. i looked under the hood and just figured that the TV cable needed to be adjusted.
unfortuanetely, the bottom retaining tab is broken off of the TV cable housing. these are the things that hold the housing on the bracket. RetainingTabs.
obviously there is no point in even trying to adjust it.

i was wondering if anyone knew what the Part # from GM was for a new TV cable? price? how much of a pain is it to install the portion of the cable that connects to the tranny?
and how much slack in the line should their be after the bracket for the tv cable? in my GN, the tv cable is tight after the bracket and it goes down and under the coil pack and stuff. TV cable on GN. i cannot wiggle the line at all. in the TTA, the line after the bracket goes up and over the coil pack then down to the tranny. i can move the tv cable on the TTA around a lot. why is there so much of a slack difference between the two TV cables. the broken retaining clip only lets the tv cable housing tilt up and down slightly.

Ryan,

The best online TV explaination I know of is in the FAQ list, or here It has pictures too ;)

You're welcome to come look at mine anytime :)

The new parts manager, Brian, at Mike Shaw Buick/Pontiac has been giving me a wholesale price. ( I explained to him and his predicessor that there are a number of businesses around the country who give wholsale prices to Buick club members, but I'd rather buy locally for the same price.....No hassles, just great prices. You can prolly get the same price if you approach him that way.) Call him at 636-3881 and ask for "parts" to get a price for the parts you need.

I'll go down there with you if you want.

leeb

thanks for all the help. maybe sometime this week me and you can go down and order the tv cable for a good price. i may order two GNX 02 sensors also.

i will call the buick dealership sometime this week to see how mcuha couple parts are. then me and you can show up and get them cheaper i guess :D

i will call the buick dealership sometime this week to see how much a couple parts are. then me and you can show up and get them cheaper i guess :D

I got one from out of my TTA because I now have a T400 in it. If you have a hard time finding one or if they are to pricey let me know.

Jason

I called Mike Shaw Buick Today to see how much the TV cable would be. First we got into a little argument about the cable in the Trans Am is the same as the GN. I tried to say that it probably is but he didnt listen too well. i think he forgot what motor the 20th anniversary TA had in it . :p
well it is a wonderful $189.

Talk to Postal....I would expect a price around $130 or so if you decide to go with the local Buick dealer. Postal will save you some money I'm sure :)

Originally posted by 87GNcospg
where is Postal?

Postal is every where there are pist off government workers and hand guns! :D

Are you guys going to be in bowling green? and how much will you give my broke ass for it. If your not going to Bowling green then I wont have time to ship it out till next week when I'm back.

Jason

Goin' Postal

Postal-

Call me at the Ramada in BG. I'm bringing my G/F and Tom unless he goes with his Harley Dad. We're leaving Thursday around 10 AM from Champaign and will stay at Ramada- 270-781-3000. Will you be at Kirban's seminar Thursday? We're headed back Sat. Do you want to take my TTA down there to race?

Rick Pikowsky

$189 from the dealership. $37.37 for a universal one from TCI Transmissions. lol

Re: Goin' Postal

Originally posted by Turbo Dog
Postal-

Call me at the Ramada in BG. I'm bringing my G/F and Tom unless he goes with his Harley Dad. We're leaving Thursday around 10 AM from Champaign and will stay at Ramada- 270-781-3000. Will you be at Kirban's seminar Thursday? We're headed back Sat. Do you want to take my TTA down there to race?

Rick Pikowsky

Ill try to call you tomorrow Rick. If I get busy and dont call please call my wifes cell: 309-253-1025, I'd give you my number for my new cell phone but I dont remember what it is!

Jason

Back