Tweeters in stock location help!!

jretrodude

Just had my alpine type r's installed and have the tweeters mounted where the 3.5's go. My issue is the upper dash panel still will crack if all the bolts are tightened down? How can I lower the tweeter more so it will still fit with the custom plastic bracket so I can install my new speaker pad without any bulging or cracking the new one? I originally put the pioneer 3.5's in and the tweeter stuck up and cracked my old pad! I was thinking maybe putting washers under the pad and raising it up so it would have that flush look. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You'll have to make brackets....
I use sound deadner to glue the tweet to the firewall and air duct.....wish I had a pic

You'll have to make brackets....or.......
I use sound deadner to glue the tweet to the firewall and air duct..aim it towards the windsheild...wish I had a pic

The installer didn't want to glue them in said it's messy and tacky to do it like that but there's got to be a way to lower them I only need about an inch or so.

I can see how you're worried the tweets being "sticky or tacky" vs sounding and fitting good.
Really?

on mine they took a length of radio support bracket (just 1/2" flat stock with holes in it ) little longer than the opening , bent it in a licolns hat shape and bolted using stock screw holes and then glued the tweeters onto that bracket but even velcro or double stick tape would work

I'm actually puttin in some new ones myself. To my knowledge, the 3.5's Im getting require no modification. I will take pics too. Either way if I do have to make adjustments, I will try to update here.

I used whats known as plumbers tape. Straps with the holes in them to lower my Diamond Audio Labs tweeters. Worked out well.

Bryan

I believe if my installer couldn't figure out how to lower them so the dash cap clears I would find another installer.....plumbers strap and a few minutes of fabwork is all it would take.

He called me Monday and I'm supposed to bring it in Saturday he said he has some custom brackets and just needs to figure out where to put bends in them so hopefully all will be well Saturday afternoon?

Update I'm a happy camper the new dash cover fits like a glove and no more cracked speaker grills!!!! He made some custom brackets like the radio strap setup but with a hole to fit the tweets in sunk in perfectly and everything looks stock. By the way is there any way to repair the grills? I would like to repair it and see if someone needs it since the rest of it is fine. I do have matching paint as well if anyone needs it painted to the GN gray. Thanks for all the input.