You can type here any text you want

Two backspacing questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostfreak

knock? is that good?
Right now I have the stock t wheels on it and moog springs. I want to upgrade to 17x9 wheels with 5" backspacing. While doing that I want to upgrade the brakes with a baer kit. Will most likely go 13" rotors all around. Two questions:

Will that affect the backspacing?
and
What kind of spacing would I need to fill the wheel well if I go with GNX fender flares?

Thanks

Hello,

The front system will widen track by roughly .400 a side with the stock spindles (so just under 1/2 inch).

The rear when converting from drum to disc with widen by .200 a side.

Keep in mind that backspace wont always guaranty the wheel will fit the brake, best thing is to use the templates on the website, or talk to your wheel guy (good wheel guys will verify fitment).

HTH

Thx

I was hoping you would chime in:D. I'll probably be giving you a call here shortly to order a kit from you guys. What's a good one for street/touring duty. T4?

:)

Call me or e-mail me anytime :)

The T4 is a great choice!! (as long as the wheels will fit it!) :)

I can help recommend wheels (and or places to go to get them) if you need it.

Thx!

I'm kinda going in an offbeat direction. I'm looking at a set of ROH RT in 17x9. I e-mailed the distributor at groupawheels.com and he told me they're set up for 5" backspacing specifically for gn's. I'm not sure if they do custom backspacing. Take a look and let me know what you think. I'm going to powdercoat them black. There's a set on a t in the cars for sale section that belongs to nighthawk355x. My T is white so I think it will look pretty good. Key word is "I".;)

Talk to the guys at Group A, they will verify wheel fitment with a template. We normally work with Andre or Ronny.

E-mail me at my work address (RickE@baer.com), and I will e-mail you a template for the Track4.

Thx!

Back