Two Hooters (gc) if you figure this out.

I have good news and bad news. Good news is it seems to finally run alright. Bad new is I don't know why. (Personally I think it's the power of prayer)
First I put the valve cover back on. (not sure if this is significant, but when I took the valve cover off it touched the back of the alternator and it sparked) I checked #3 and #1 injector with the noid light. They both looked the same. So I put the plugs back in and hooked up the wires. Then unplugged the orange wire to reset ecm. Fired it up and headed down the road and it seemed good in open loop and continued to run good after it warmed up.
So give me some thoughts. I'll drive it a few day and see if it acts up. Maybe wiggles some wires around.
If it holds up then we need to decide who wins the cards. Possibilities:
Spoolfool2My guess would be that something electronic isnt hooked up, or is hooked up incorrect. Hurry and double check the conections. I'm planning the Hooters lunch for next week. So, I'll need the GCs pritty soo
Natocarlo Did we leave an injector plug disconnected? (it might have been loose)
Pitbozz Something is messed up or not working righ

i think PITBOZZ was spot on!

it sounds to me that maybe the ecu just needed to relearn itself after blowing the up pipe off?! did u drive around with the pipe off any?

just a few blocks to get home. I probably reset the ecm several times in the process of changing things out.

Sorry, did not read all the responses, but did not see "Leaking injector in #1" mentioned (?)

Did you look into the injector in my post #27? :confused:
It could be leaking as the result of mechanical failure or electrical failure (Intermittent Ground)

Nothing looked pinched, but I did pull them off and put them back on. I did make it to town today and is running fairly smooth. I'll wiggle them around when I get home.

Running on 5 1/2 cylinders

From what I see from looking at the spark plug in ? It looks that a coolant leak might be where you should look to. Do a coolant pressure check. :cool:

Well....after much diliberation I'm going to award the grand prize to Spoolfool2. He was one of the first to respond that seemed to be the closest with "check the connections". Send me your address so I can get these to you. The main problem before this thread was the ignition module That was fairly new.
Thanks to everyone for your help. I want to give some props to Mike at Fullthrottle. I'm sure I started to wear him out with phone calls. I appreciate his willingness to help, even over the phone.
It's been since June that my car has been down. It does feel good to drive it again. Part of me wants to head right for the track. I really think I should be able to break into the 10's. But the other part says, "just take it easy and enjoy it for a while." So I'll probably enjoy it this weekend and then go for it next weekend.
May God Bless you all!