You can type here any text you want

Two lowering questions... ball joints and fbody springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

I know there have been lots of "lowering" threads before and I did search and read them all.

One thing I could not pinpoint was a 100% clear answer on the "extended ball joints" to drop the front end almost an inch. Do you only need the lower ball joint? And where can you order them... I've only seen people mention the one website to buy them where they sell all the expensive suspension packages but I don't see where you can order the ball joints alone... I believe it's "Howe" Ball Joints, is there a part #??

Also... has anyone here done the fbody cut springs to lower the car? The reason being most people's stock springs are sagging so badly that when they install something like an Eibach Pro kit, the car hardly looks any lower. I read that some people were buying Fbody springs, cutting 1.5 coils off in front and 1 in the rear. Apparently better than cutting stock GN springs because the stock springs will let your car bottom out after cutting them. I don't want to lose all my weight transfer though, normally cutting springs will send the spring rate through the roof. So I need some feedback if anyone here has done it, about how harsh it is or isn't.

Sorry for another lowering thread but at least I tried to make it specific instead of "how do I lower my car??" :p

If you cannot find a supportng vendor/supplier that has the tall balls, talk to Marcus Savitske at Savitske Classic & Custom, and I think that you will need upper & lower balls to reduce your front height about 1". HTH
Can't say about the springs.

Back