You can type here any text you want

Two programs - one lap top?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

My buddy has a stage 2 with the fel-pro. He's even less computor literate than ME!!He lives a distance away. He sent me his floppy. I wanted to down load it on my lap top so when we talked on the phone I could pull it up and help him with changes etc. When I try to down load it--- it seems to go thru the motions of loading, but- when I call it up-- it always brings MY fel-pro up on the screen and NOT his!! Can I load two different programs on the same lap top?? What do I need to do to accomplish that? Thanks Larry:confused:

Bob, he sent me his floppy from speed pro-- C-COM version 1.3
Looks just like mine , just has different parameters. Im running a stk block, he's running a stg two.

Not to be a smart ass, but it sounds like what you're doing is loading it up on the laptop, and THEN turning the car on. In that case, yes, it'll do exactly what it sounds like you're describing.

This is what you need to do (In this order)...

1. Turn key to ON position
2. Boot Laptop into C-Com and connect to ECU
3. Choose Option "Load ECU tables from File" under File
4. Pick your buddy's GCT file.
5. It'll say something like "Overwrite Current ECU program?" Say Yes.

No, im doing this on my kitchen counter- not in the car. Im just trying to load his program in my lab top so I can pull it up on the screen and talk to the guy over the phone. When I load it -- my program comes up - not his!? Could it be my computor see's my program already in there and does not really load his? How would the lap top computor differeniate the 2 programs anyway?- The only difference is the parameters (engine specs) with in the programs.

Ok, you dont need another "program", you need his cars profile, or gct file. It sounds like he sent you calcom.exe and not yourfriendsname.cgt which is the file you need to view his cars profile.

Keep in mind, if you accidently open his gct while online with the ecu, you will immediatly upload his file to your car. 2 things to make sure of. 1) that you always keep a backup copy of your cars program on file. Each change you make, i suggest you save the file as a new name, this way if you fudge something, you can always revert to a known good program. 2) you keep friends files in a different directory, one that you need to take a few steps to locate, this way you cant accidently write his file to your ecu.

Kinda stupid suggestions, but they wil save you a headache shoujld you make a mistake.

Im not getting my point across-- I think.. All I want to do is- take HIS floppy , the one sent to him & already set up for his car - and load that into my lab top so I can see the numbers that were set up for his car. When I try to do that-- All I can pull up are my own #'s for my program and my car.. Why can't I pull up the #'s for his car when I down load his floppy from Speed pro? Larry:confused:

You should be able to go to the file menu and select "read all tables from file", then select his .GCT file and viola. When you load C-Com program it is going to come up with the last file that was edited (your .GCT program). I think what they are saying is that it doesn't matter which C-Com program you are using. It's the .GCT file that stores all the parameters and tables. You need to open his .GCT file while you are in C-Com. It sounds like, from your description, that you are loading his c-com program and wondering why your tables are coming up. That's because it's defaulting to your .GCT file. You just need to use the file menu to read tables from his file.

Derrick

Sounds logical-- I'll try that. I thank everyone for there input on this-- Larry

Back