You can type here any text you want

Tying down TTA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quiky One

How do you guys tie down the front of these cars? What do you strap them over or to. I know that with my TTA I can BARELY get my shoulder under it so I know it will be hard, but where do you guys do it.

Also, where did you get your tie down kit from?

Thanks Jason

I just slipped the tie down thru the lower control arm and tied off to the side of the trailer.
Then as a safety, tied the third off to the front sway bar (just in case)

My old dodge truck at Noble with TTA 340

BW

Attachments

• dodge tta.jpg
    dodge tta.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 127
i use big j hooks it was the best $40 i ever spent i gurantee it.i have towed hundreds of cars and i use to run a chain in each lower control arm but it was a pain in the a$$ .never put straps in the lower control arms i did this once early on in my towing career and in a 200 mile trip one strap was totally cut through and missing and the other was cut half way through.the up and down motion combined with a somewhat sharp edge cut them.what you can do for rears is either take heavy duty ratcheting strap and throw it over the rear and pull it back out to you and tie down where hooking the other part of the stap to.or you can use the 2 foot axel straps but on certain cars i have had them rub on the gas tank due to the angle.also instead on the tiedown straps you can use a come along some times i do that too! hopefully this wasn't to much information.i just was hoping somebody could learn from my mistakes.

HOLY crap those are expensive!

Lemme do some searching, i purchased some from my work with hooks on the ends... It was a few years ago, im sure we can still get them.

BW

I wanna to do over the axle on the rear. I jacked up my TTA and there is a spot just to the left of the spring where I can put a chain and then use one of those ratches straps.

Thanks Jason

Back