You can type here any text you want

Uber-rich, stumbles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Drove it yesterday a bunch and this morning, BLM's still like sitting at 105 in open-loop mode. INT hovers around 110, O2 voltages around .600 while cruising. Is 105 the low limit on the BLM, for the stock chip? (I haven't looked, but I think I still have the stock chip in the car.)

Yesterday I managed to get on it a few times, upon deceleration to a stop, the SES finally lit, and my INT locked at 128. I'm only guessing, but I think that the computer picked up code 45 again and locked the INT to prevent the O2 sensor from screwing things up any more. Light went out after a short time, and INT went right back to 110, bouncing around that number by a small margin.

So, my O2 voltages are reading rich, my INT and BLM's are reading rich, is my car leaning itself to death? Maybe I should invest in a fuel pressure gauge.

Doesn't stumble at idle, small hiccups today on part-throttle, cleared itself up, couldn't see any sensor reading that was way off. Now I want a laptop and whatever that nifty datalogging program is! Only thing I can possibly think of is this crummy Eathanol E10 stuff Hawaii is using. I went to a pump that didn't have it (or didn't have the sticker, let me put it that way) and poof, my problems seem to disappear. :confused:

First of all get a new chip. I personally like turbotweak.com. Next, the ethanol will explain why it is running rich. The computer senses lean, then bam the computer dumps fuel. Also 105 is the limit on chips. Good luck.

Jason

Well, so much for fuel being my problem - Code 13 popped up and the car almost died. My MAF readings were also way too high, so I pulled over (not too difficult when the car would NOT accelerate at all - zero power) and unplugged it. Drove the rest of the way home - at least it ran, but idling in gear was rough.

With two codes for the O2 sensor, and a MAF that acts up, a new O2 sensor is going to be bought today, and a Translator-LT1 MAF setup is going in as soon as it can.

Back