You can type here any text you want

UFC guys step in

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

Whats your take on that stoppage on Koschek? I thought it was premature, what about you? and what up with foam mouth Deigo Sanchez at 155?:biggrin: I thought he did fight well, but wasn't wow'd by the performance. Looked like he threw the same combo everytime he threw a punch. The card filled a dead night of tv, but I wouldn't have paid to watch it.

I thought that was one of the better UFC nights I have seen in a while. The fact that it was free just made it even better. The stoppage was premature for sure but he was getten his azz kicked and would have lost anyway.

There was really no big name fighters but 96 & 97 should be really good. Even better if they were free.

It was nice to actually watch a fight with a lot of stand up boxing (kick boxing) in it vs. every fight going to the ground (20) seconds in.

Whats your take on that stoppage on Koschek? I thought it was premature, what about you? and what up with foam mouth Deigo Sanchez at 155?:biggrin: I thought he did fight well, but wasn't wow'd by the performance. Looked like he threw the same combo everytime he threw a punch. The card filled a dead night of tv, but I wouldn't have paid to watch it.

I agree it was to early. His legs went up to pull guard and stayed up as were his hands. Did you see the dressing room tyraid by Kos? Lets just say he was a slight bit upset over the stoppage:eek: As far as Dirty Sanchez goes he is decent but has nothing for any of the elite 155#s like BJ, Sherk, Ken Flo, exc. That card as you said not worth buying.

It was early, but he probably would have been finished anyway.
I think if that fight had a US ref it would have gone longer.
He should be more upset with the fact that he put himself in that
position than what the ref decided to do. This is kind of a shame
because he has been looking so much better, minus the hair!

It was way early... he probably would have recovered. He was handling the guy before getting caught. He got robbed.

It was way early... he probably would have recovered. He was handling the guy before getting caught. He got robbed.

Jay,

If he was handling the guy before or not is irrelevant.
In MMA it only takes a split second to change the course of a fight.
A lot of people think Andrei was beating Fedor and we know how that ended. =)
I still think they should have let the fight go on for a while though.
There is way to much interpretation to "intelligently defending" IMO.
However I would rather see a fight stopped too early than too late.

Crochface got caught. Stoppage sucked but you have to protect the fighter.
He one tough dude though. :eek:

There is way to much interpretation to "intelligently defending" IMO.
However I would rather see a fight stopped too early than too late.

Which is precisely why the UFC is no longer banned in every state. Decisions like that may sting if your the one in the ring but in reality they only serve to secure the future of such a barbarik sport that really didn't change all that much from the beginning. Maybe no more bare knuckles but an 8 oz glove isn't much less padding then a bare fist and the sport is now one of the fastest growing sports anywhere.

He would not have had the ability to "Intelligently defend" himself in the condition he was in. I agree.

I cant stand Kos...but he wasnt hurt long he was in position to gaurd and the ref stepped in and stopped the fight....i would be pissed off myself. still glad he lost though maybe it will humble him some.

I think he took a worse off beating by Thiago Alves and still fought threw it. It is was it is though. Would shoulda coulda stuff.

He had moved his legs up to get guard if the guy dropped down on him and had his hands up. Im not denying he was hurt but I think it was way too early to stop it.

Back