You can type here any text you want

Uh Oh!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just not sure if the other one's time is coming to an end also. But i was taught if it aint broke don't fix it!(until you break it)

I would definately change both sides while you are into it this far!If you get it back together and the other one goes a short time later then you'll be right back into it.I will definately agree with razor on the 28 psi blast this is probably what broke the staw over the camels back.Just took a little time to show.This is why I would be concerned about the passenger side as well.ARP heads bolts are very inexpensive less than the gaskets themselves and can be reused if the need should arise again.Stockers work as good but can't be reused.Just my .02:cool:

Problem with the ARP head bolts is the washers.If you use them per the instructions then you have to grind the headers for them to fit.

The passenger side HG is a pain..cuase of the turbo and exhuast..That is why..if only number three blew..6 hours latter your back on the road..and with stock bolts..no retorquing needed..drop them in and go..

Compression test all 6 cylinders..and take it from there..

If you lift the intake,you'll be able to inspect the HG by looking at under the head..since they usually blow upward.Fix whats wrong and keep the boost under control.

Pete, If you blew a stock headgasket you should replace both sides. #1 if one cylinder blew there maybe another on the way. #2 when you blow original headgasket a stock replacement will never last as long.

Steve K.

And the winner is(start drum roll). Razor!!!!!!

#3 blew into the lifter valley. Clean blow, no coolant in the oil, valley,or cylinder. I condider it a lucky day..........

It's back together just gotta finish off the injector swap,harness,doghouse,and vaccums.

Thanx for all the help. First time with the 3.8

Lifters are emaculate, I mean they look like the just came out of a box.

Pete

Back