UMI triangular front brace

Any pictures of the DSE bars installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have sold hundreds of the DSE chassis braces to customers over the years and have yet to have any send me fitment pictures. Might be a good question to ask in the suspension forum and see if some can post pic's.

Any pictures of the DSE bars installed?

Had to have a bracket made that pushed out the mounting holes for my DSE bars to fit a Mease Stretch stock location IC. This helped push the bars out around the IC so they wouldn't come in contact

Attachments

• IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    416 KB · Views: 162
The UMI, SC&C triangular braces will NOT fit any aftermarket front mount intercooler! I have tested them on several cars here. There are other alternatives that will yield the same results though like the DSE front chassis braces.
Well the umi one might not, but the sc&c one fits NO problem.

The UMI, SC&C triangular braces will NOT fit any aftermarket front mount intercooler! I have tested them on several cars here. There are other alternatives that will yield the same results though like the DSE front chassis braces.
Well the umi one might not, but the sc&c one fits NO problem.

How can a SC&C brace be ordered online? I checked the website is calling the only way?

No idea about slic, but it fits front mounts fine. There's 2 different types, one that looks exactly like the umi one, one specifically for turbo buicks. Scot, I'll get a picture later this afternoon.

Have that combo as well Dave and have always been told no. It would be nice to see someone making something that bolted up with the SLIC and swaybar but just looking at how the umi is setup, I wouldn't see how they could get it to fit, no room.

To answer questions posted:
The SC&C GN version chassis brace puts the crossbar directly under the swaybar. So it will not fit with some aftermarket swaybars that droop in the center (like the F body bar).
It does fit front mount intercoolers, and the stock intercooler. It does not fit with extended length stock location intercoolers.
Currently orders must be placed by phone, however a new website is in the works for online ordering.

To answer questions posted:
The SC&C GN version chassis brace puts the crossbar directly under the swaybar. So it will not fit with some aftermarket swaybars that droop in the center (like the F body bar).
It does fit front mount intercoolers, and the stock intercooler. It does not fit with extended length stock location intercoolers.
Currently orders must be placed by phone, however a new website is in the works for online ordering.

Will it fit a stock IC with GN1 metal shroud?

Will it fit a stock IC with GN1 metal shroud?

Sorry. Not familiar with the GN1 shroud. The brace crossbar crosses directly under the factory swaybar.

Had to have a bracket made that pushed out the mounting holes for my DSE bars to fit a Mease Stretch stock location IC. This helped push the bars out around the IC so they wouldn't come in contact

Boston GN,

Did you make that bracket yourself? If so what are the dimension/thinkness... I love this workaround and want to do myself.

thanks.

Boston GN,

Did you make that bracket yourself? If so what are the dimension/thinkness... I love this workaround and want to do myself.

thanks.

I did not make the bracket. Chris Marin made it for me (I forget what his screen name is on here). I don't know the dimensions off hand, but next time I'm under there, I can try and get a measurement for you. You'll obviously have to drill the holes to your liking as all these cars are different.

No idea about slic, but it fits front mounts fine. There's 2 different types, one that looks exactly like the umi one, one specifically for turbo buicks. Scot, I'll get a picture later this afternoon.

how about that pic? I'm trying to figure up a brace that'll clear my new front mount

I made my own bracket so I could use the DSE front braces from GNS Performance. I have a SLIC from TR Custom parts and a Ridetech muscle (sway) bar I needed to clear.

I made an initial template out of cardboard to get the approximate dimensions. I took a 10" X 4" 1/4 thick plate steel and cut it down to 8" 3/8 long. Drilled the holes for the existing frame bolt holes. I did have to tap it the threads to the next bigger size as the holes were stripped. I mounted the plate and determined where the holes for the bars should be to not interfere with the SLIC and the Ridetech muscle bar. The holes for the brackets are not symmetric side to side but they really do not need to be. I drilled the second set of holes, painted and installed. The bars clear the SLIC by 1/2 on each side... the muscle by 1/8 and 1/4". I did this with the tires on ramps so there was weight on the frame/suspension.
car.JPG
IMG_0079.jpg

I made my own bracket so I could use the DSE front braces from GNS Performance. I have a SLIC from TR Custom parts and a Ridetech muscle (sway) bar I needed to clear.

I made an initial template out of cardboard to get the approximate dimensions. I took a 10" X 4" 1/4 thick plate steel and cut it down to 8" 3/8 long. Drilled the holes for the existing frame bolt holes. I did have to tap it the threads to the next bigger size as the holes were stripped. I mounted the plate and determined where the holes for the bars should be to not interfere with the SLIC and the Ridetech muscle bar. The holes for the brackets are not symmetric side to side but they really do not need to be. I drilled the second set of holes, painted and installed. The bars clear the SLIC by 1/2 on each side... the muscle by 1/8 and 1/4". I did this with the tires on ramps so there was weight on the frame/suspension.View attachment 332998View attachment 332999
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

I made an initial template out of cardboard to get the approximate dimensions. I took a 10" X 4" 1/4 thick plate steel and cut it down to 8" 3/8 long. Drilled the holes for the existing frame bolt holes. I did have to tap it the threads to the next bigger size as the holes were stripped. I mounted the plate and determined where the holes for the bars should be to not interfere with the SLIC and the Ridetech muscle bar. The holes for the brackets are not symmetric side to side but they really do not need to be. I drilled the second set of holes, painted and installed. The bars clear the SLIC by 1/2 on each side... the muscle by 1/8 and 1/4". I did this with the tires on ramps so there was weight on the frame/suspension.

Right on. Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you. the Ridetech bar is one of the things I need to be able to clear and may be able to now thanks to your ingenuity!!!