You can type here any text you want

Undoing O2 Sensor connector

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buicksx2

RCA: Home of the The Jack
Hi All,

We are taking the Fel Pro out of a buddys car who is retiring and outting it into another car. However when it was installed they drilled a hole in the firewall next to the GN main wire harness near the ECM.

We disconnected the sensor and tried to pull it back thru the hole but the other end of the O2 sensor is too big to get thru, leading me to believe they fed it thru, cut it and reattached (will take tape off the harness to confirm.

Is there a way to undo the wires of the O2 sensor connector without cutting it? We went to three Radio shacks to see if they had a tool to take it out, course they look at us like we had 3 heads.

Any suggestions or should we just cut it and reconnect?

Thanks for any and all help.

I'm sure there is a way to remove the wires from the connector, but I would'nt even mess with it. Not sure who's harness you've got, I've got a Precision harness and the O2 sensor connector was separated, meaning that you run the wires and then connect the plug to the harness so that you would'nt have to pull such a big connector thru the fender area. I would think that if you remove the tape on these wires you would eventually find the original splice, undo that and then reconnect (solder and tape/heatshrink only) the wires in the same spot, you will still have only one splice. HTH

We got it!!!!

Amazing what ya find once ya take the tape off, sure enough under the tape was wires that were cut and spliced with connectors, we separated them and reconnected.

Thanks again

Back