Update on my project

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Apply the knowledge learned from tuning a V6 to another platform.

900 through an automatic.. not bad :D

Attachments

• JulioDonMMFFApr[1].pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
Julio,
Are you planning to be at Brandenton for the NMRA race? I will be there roaming around.

Julio,
Are you planning to be at Brandenton for the NMRA race? I will be there roaming around.
Oh yeah. I run True Street. Going for the 9.0 average. I'll have a small booth at the end of staging lanes. Look me up.

nice article, the car looks good.
Thanks.

Funny we had 30 minutes per car. Car is sitting in parking lot cold. So you get on the dyno and spend 7 minutes warming it up. Then make a pull and see some numbers.. Let it cool down.. make another pull.. have some drama with the dyno.. I look at the clock.. 7 minutes to go.. Put the boost controller up 5 psi and figured what the hell... Goes to 25 PSI and makes 901 at 9.6:1 afr. There wasnt any time to make any adjustments or ????. Funny how fast that 30 minutes gets eaten up.

I dont think I read it.. but runs where made on pump gas.. good ol Race Track 93 :eek:. 10+15 nozzle.. straight "methanol" injection.. no water.. pegged my 150 psi transducer.. probably 180 PSI. Lot of work happening on the car tommorrow. New IC goes on, pipes go larger to 3.5 inch vs 3, and going to twin 15's and a pre-turbo nozzle for those asking o_O

That blue hose on the FPR is getting changed this AM :)

I changed out the radiator fans and re-routed the upper radiator hose.
fan.JPG

Way to go Julio!!!!

8's are right around the corner!!!!

Congrat's on being #1!!!!!

Now if you can just get those Pony Guy's to wake up and smell the COFFEE!!!!!

JD:D

Man... just add RACEGAS instead of junk pump gas and your EASILY in the MID 8s !!!!:D

Yeah I know all about "Easy" mid 8's :eek:

Thats it going to straight water injection to prove a point. They probably wont believe me :rolleyes: or the results o_O

So here I am.. was going to try the water thingy then I decided to increase airflow through the core. So here is the new IC and 3.5 up-pipe to remove plumbing. Wonder if it will work.

New nozzle sizes 2 M15's.

IC shot.JPG
Uppipe.JPG

A little off topic, but do you have to remove the front bumper everytime you want to remove the intercooler? Sure would be alot of work to tighten an ic hose clamp if one came loose.

Way to go with HP ratings on the dyno. Seems every car you get your hands on turns into a monster :)

Jarred.

A little off topic, but do you have to remove the front bumper everytime you want to remove the intercooler? Sure would be alot of work to tighten an ic hose clamp if one came loose.

Way to go with HP ratings on the dyno. Seems every car you get your hands on turns into a monster :)

Jarred.
You would need to pull front bumper cover to remove IC.. but you can get to clamps from under the car. Especially now.. :cool: that some items have been removed :eek:

Thanks Jarred

Lot of work happening on the car tommorrow. New IC goes on, pipes go larger to 3.5 inch vs 3, and going to twin 15's and a pre-turbo nozzle for those asking o_O

That blue hose on the FPR is getting changed this AM :)

I changed out the radiator fans and re-routed the upper radiator hose.View attachment 154353

Congrats again, you making some great HP.
Are you kidding about adding a pre-turbo nozzle?
I thought you have already done this & it did not make any difference? Or was that someone else?
It would only help if you were running a small turbo?

Congrats again, you making some great HP.
Are you kidding about adding a pre-turbo nozzle?
I thought you have already done this & it did not make any difference? Or was that someone else?
It would only help if you were running a small turbo?
I tried it. Didnt see any difference.

Its not on the car currently.

Easy :D