update on the buick stang

gnracer1

The car as everything is getting snatched out....
Mustangside.jpg

Engine Bay after 302 motor pulled out
bay1.jpg

Had to get custom motor mounts made homemade
motormount.jpg

Engine mac up
shotofturbo.jpg

Engine bay before paint
Beforepaint.jpg

BrettandDanoPainting.jpg

Painting.jpg

After painted
Afterpainting.jpg

Another engine mac up
motorinthecar.jpg

Will have shots of roll cage shortly.

looks like you had to modify trans tunnel? did u ? and did stock turbo oil pan work in this application? please, thanks, Gregg

very cool, from your pics it looks almost impossible to route the down pipe from the turbo, looks like a very tight fit. keep me updated on your progress. :D

Looks good GN1racer!!!! Love when people do BuTangs. Here are a couple of pics of mine and if you want to know anything PM me and I will answer them.

Attachments

• DSC00050A.JPG
    DSC00050A.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC00352A.JPG
    DSC00352A.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC00498a.JPG
    DSC00498a.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 394
  • Picture 046a.JPG
    Picture 046a.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 381
:biggrin:Hey guys I have new pics of the bustang!! The motor is in and almost complete. :biggrin: Only thing needed to do is put the up pipe in and the spark plug wires made. And build a down pipe. But I was thinking about firing it up before I build the down pipe. Due to ordering a piece of it.:wink:

I will have some more here shortly.. Sorry it is taking so long..

Well here are some pics......

ENJOY

Front view of the motor
Stang13.jpg

Driver side view
Stang11.jpg

Radiator shot
Stang10.jpg

Turbo shot
Stang9.jpg

How much higher it is
Stang8.jpg

Here are some more pis...

ENJOY

With the 4" Cowl hood stock hood wont fit:mad:
Stang6.jpg

Stang7.jpg

Looking out the windshield
Stang5.jpg

Shot of the 4"
Stang2.jpg

I almost forgot the passenger side of the motor
Stang12.jpg

Last but not least the side view of the car as it sits now.
Stang1.jpg

I will get some more pics shortly.. Things are coming along very good. Not as fast as I planned it to go. But hey you gotta think I started this project about 2 and a half or 3 months ago and I have actually got it together very quickly!:D

I am up for and comments or suggestions or question you may have

Give E-Mail address and I will send more, don't want to high jack the thread. But I got mine to fit under the stock hood but I can't go any bigger on throttle body though I have a 1/2" hood clearance.

Attachments

• DSC00607A.JPG
    DSC00607A.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 035A.JPG
    Picture 035A.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 308
I am really thinking of doing the same project but its the wiring where I would be all mixed up about. Any hints????

I have used all the pigtails off lights and all from the car but I ended up going with a trunk mounted painless 12 circuit wiring kit and the F.A.S.T system so my wiring will be pretty simple really.

nice job on the project,i have a question,i am doing a transplant also i am using a 91 notchback,i know i have to customize the engine mounts, i am concernd about the tranny i plan on using a ford 400 aod with the sfi bellhousing from freddy brown tranny's is there room for it or do i have to modify the tranny bay to make it fit,by the way what kind of tranny are you using. thanks.

got my turbo flang done today and started the down pipe i hope to have the full ex on it. 3 in down pipe with a 4 in out the side done tommrowor thursday should sound good