You can type here any text you want

Update to my ever evolving issues....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Oil smells like gas, no scantool data, car pings, is consumming lots of oil.. sounds like serious washdown of the cylinders. Cuased by the injectors opening way up. Cuased by a high BL condition to which not having a scantool cannot be verified.

Big vacuum leak or bad MAF is my guess. Vacuum leaks cannot be repaired with keyboards.

First thing... get a turbo Buick specific scantool, ie a scanmasterII. If all the numbers are correct on it at idle, then the issue may be internal.

Computers: Garbage in, garbage out. O2 senses a lean condition, computer fixes it by adding fuel. It eventually adds enough fuel trying to correct the condition leaving you with a car that runs like crap.

Ohh... keeping mashing the pedal with oil that smells like gas.. you'll be building a motor really really soon. And then buying the scanmaster :eek:

I got a scanmaster. At first start at idle it stays around 128. Once warm it will vary between about 115 to 125, when on gasing it will go to mid to low 130's. INT jumps between 120-135. TPS set correctly, and IAC at 30-40 counts at idle. It wasnt a pungent smell of gas but enough to have me guess. Oil is about a month old with almost 3k on it. I know im gonna have to do the rear main but next im gonna do a leak down test...

David

Back