You can type here any text you want

Upgrade chip worth it ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOP4ever

I am currently running a Jay carter 93 octane chip and just recently added a SMC alcohol system and performance has been luke warm at 19 to 20 psi wondering if I need another chip for the alky liek one of the Turbo Tweak chips ?

You don't necessarily need a new chip. If you're only running 19-20psi, it's probably a bit rich. You could either reduce fuel pressure a couple psi, reduce alky, or increase boost.
Watch your O2's and knock retard.

The Chip was there when i got the car so I don't know anything about the specifics like what timing it has etc.... how old it is... I want to increase the cars performance to the 11 second range next year hoping to get in the 12's with the current hard parts. I know I will be needing more injectors for 11's as I figure the stock units will be lacking. I just now got a scan tool ( turbolink ) so now I have something to watch for knock etc... I will probably try increasing boost. One other thing, I am running straight Denatured Alcohol in the jug, is that the best for performance or should I be mixing water in with it ?

The Chip was there when i got the car so I don't know anything about the specifics like what timing it has etc.... how old it is... I want to increase the cars performance to the 11 second range next year hoping to get in the 12's with the current hard parts. I know I will be needing more injectors for 11's as I figure the stock units will be lacking. I just now got a scan tool ( turbolink ) so now I have something to watch for knock etc... I will probably try increasing boost. One other thing, I am running straight Denatured Alcohol in the jug, is that the best for performance or should I be mixing water in with it ?

i would get a alky chip for your setup!!!! your car will love it especially stock turbo cars. your chip is 20/18 on the timing and the alky chip is set for 23/21. stock turbos love high timing and alky. if you get the chip start slow and increase boost till your desired level is attained approx. 23 to 24. then if no knock you can either pull fuel from chip or increase timing. small turbos love high timing. do a search on chips and you will find them similiar but the ones from TurboTweak Home are on top. good luck on your goals

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a turbo tweak chip. I hope it wakes this thing up.

Thanks

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a turbo tweak chip. I hope it wakes this thing up.

Thanks

Once the eletronics has "learned" what goes in all the cells, it will drive awesome! I am happy with my TT chip. Well worth the money and you can't beat the tech support Eric offers AFTER the purchase. Kool guy:cool:

Thanks

:D I got a TT chip for Alky & LS1 MAF with translator and I can say it was money well spent. The change in the idle alone was worth it to me. The chip is easy to work with even for a dumb dumb like me. You will be happy.

Back