Upgrade injectors?

CanVan87GN

I right now have the Tomco green stripe which I believe are rated at 30#'s. Looking at my signature, would blue tops or bigger be the right (and next) performance upgrade? 3" downpipe with this combo? Any suggestions from Gn gurus out there would be great!:D

no guru, but...if you are running a stock turbo, the larger injectors will do nothing for you.

Shaun,

Let's run that thing first and see what it does, then figure out what the best upgrades are. The best upgrades right off the bat will be scantool, traction (slicks or DR's) and racegas/racechip. Those will get you the most performance for your $$.

Clayton

Thanks for the replies. Steve is probably right. My car is not very high-po (compared to most turbo buick members)at the moment so Tomco's are best for now. Thanks.

For Clayton
When is the next test and tune at Mission? I guess I should do some passes first. I have been doing some street launches and I can get some pretty good bite. Airbags are the next step. I am trying to get a set. Give me an e-mail. My mailbox is no longer full. I am trying to find a laptop for tuning the GN. Cheers!

Go Slow on the upgrades until you get familiar with the car and what works and what does not. Get it into the 12's and then start thinking about what to do next. :)

Clayton knows his stuff...watch him and try to find out what has worked for him. :)

For you Canadian guys looking for air bags Can Tire sells them.There is no applicaton for TR because the exhaust pipes over the axle on crossflow are too close to the springs which heats up the bag and makes them split.You need dual exhaust [EG hooker] and air bags for 87 MCSS application.

Originally posted by CanVan87GN
Thanks for the replies. Steve is probably right. My car is not very high-po (compared to most turbo buick members)at the moment so Tomco's are best for now. Thanks.

For Clayton
When is the next test and tune at Mission? I guess I should do some passes first. I have been doing some street launches and I can get some pretty good bite. Airbags are the next step. I am trying to get a set. Give me an e-mail. My mailbox is no longer full. I am trying to find a laptop for tuning the GN. Cheers!

Shaun, the next street legal drag's are on Friday night's, May 17/24/31. They start racing @ about 6pm but you should be in the line-up to get in by 4:30 otherwise the tech line-up is so long you miss your first pass. I am going on the 17th without my car to help tune another GNRA member's car. You are welcome to show up with or without your car.

Street tires are almost useless at the track. It will make it far more difficult to tune the car in properly without the proper traction. Each run will have a different amount of tire spin as you figure out how to launch. And believe me, you will have tire spin. :)

Since your car is lowered I would hold off on the airbags for now. I really have no clue what to do for your suspension until I see the car run.

Steve, Thanks for the compliment! :)

Thanks for the help guys. I just want to add that this is my business car. I drive this bad boy everyday. I want the best performance for the street. I might be at my limit for street use as far as upgrades go but I have seen some people with slightly more radical street cars than mine. I'll talk to later Clayton. :cool:

Originally posted by CanVan87GN
Thanks for the help guys. I just want to add that this is my business car. I drive this bad boy everyday. I want the best performance for the street. I might be at my limit for street use as far as upgrades go but I have seen some people with slightly more radical street cars than mine. I'll talk to later Clayton. :cool:

You've got a good start to your combo. The stock turbo abd IC will work just fine for you for the street. The most fun I ever had driving the car on the street was with the TA49 turbo and bluetops combo. Car was a blast to drive, and spinning the tires was just a blip of the throttle away!

I like my new combo now but I am still getting it tuned. It's too much for regular street tires now though :D

You should come out to Mission on Friday. Probably be better off not to race it the first time. Just come out and watch and see how things are done. There should be a couple of GN's out, and I'll be there for sure working on one of them. Bring your out to race a couple weeks later if you want. Lots of guys in the club are willing to help you out. Send me an email if you want to join us out there.

Clayton