You can type here any text you want

upgrade plenum/TB?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vader6

Turbo Buick enthusiast
I am running a stock engine in my 86 GN, with a 206/206 flat tappet cam. Stock turbo, heads, intake etc.
Would a polished plenum and larger TB really do any thing for me?
I have a TT chip set for the setup I have... 30lb inj's, 93 pump gas. No emissions equipment.
This is a street driven car, no track time.

No. Zero. Only make you faster by reducing the weight of your wallet at the point you are at and much further.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I am running a stock engine in my 86 GN, with a 206/206 flat tappet cam. Stock turbo, heads, intake etc.
I have a TT chip set for the setup I have... 30lb inj's, 93 pump gas. No emissions equipment.

AS others have noted ... gain nothing ..

IF you want to gain something tangible .. lose the 93 pump fuel ... either alky or E85 conversion ...

The time to do the throttle body is if you port and polish the stock heads or you go aluminum. Then you are flowing more through them to where the motor is more responsive to it.

It has no value at all on your combo.

The larger throttle body will make you think the car is faster even though it isn't. It'll make the car more 'jumpy' when pulling off from a stop since very low throttle positions will be harder to modulate.

Back