You can type here any text you want

Upgraded Motor Mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I just wonder why they are so high ? I just think they could be less expensive . Just my thoughts Keith

Yes, they are a bit much. I decided to go with the RJC Racing motor brace that bolts to the back of the engine / trans bell housing area and hooks under the frame to keep the engine from twisting and ripping the stock motor mounts off the frame.
I bought it used off the board so it was even a better deal.

I think they are relatively reasonable considering the limited market, made in USA, and the fact that they do have to actually make money on them. If you consider some OEM engine mounts with electronic NVH dampening that are $1k each these are a bargain [emoji23]

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I think they are relatively reasonable considering the limited market, made in USA, and the fact that they do have to actually make money on them. If you consider some OEM engine mounts with electronic NVH dampening that are $1k each these are a bargain [emoji23]

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

^^this

Considering the motor mounts for my TA block are $400, I would consider the $130 for stock mounts to be a pretty good deal....

On a side note, I do have a RJC frame brace for sale if you wanted to use that method to help prevent twisting.

Thank all yall for the reply , I have the RJC brace but just thinking bout the motor mounts

I have done the HR motor mounts on my last two cars but don't think I'll use them anymore. I don't like the vibration they produce. I might try an RJC brace this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done the HR motor mounts on my last two cars but don't think I'll use them anymore. I don't like the vibration they produce. I might try an RJC brace this time around

I was curious why you see them for sale constantly, I believe you just answered my question.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^this

Considering the motor mounts for my TA block are $400, I would consider the $130 for stock mounts to be a pretty good deal....

On a side note, I do have a RJC frame brace for sale if you wanted to use that method to help prevent twisting.

Good points. I wasn't looking at it from that perspective, I was comparing to stock replacements at $40 a pair.

I don't like these mounts because they are unyielding and they stop the engine from rotating at the front of the engine. The transmission rotates in a counterclockwise direction in response to traction,so it causes the engine to rotate in that same direction at the back of the block. When we use a strap or a motor mount to limit/stop that rotation at the front of the block,we create a force on the block similar to wringing out a wash cloth. It makes much more sense to limit the rotation at the back of the block with the RJC brace or a mid plate to reduce stress on the block. If we limit the rotation at the back of the block,it is equally important to use rubber motor mounts and trans mount to allow some movement to avoid breaking the trans case,usually in the area of the tail shaft.

Last edited:
I don't like these mounts because they are unyielding and they stop the engine from rotating at the front of the engine. The transmission rotates in a counterclockwise direction in response to traction,so it causes the engine to rotate in that same direction at the back of the block. When we use a strap or a motor mount to limit/stop that rotation at the front of the block,we create a force on the block similar to wringing out a wash cloth. It makes much more sense to limit the rotation at the back of the block like a mid plate to reduce stress on the block. If we limit the rotation at the back of the block,it is equally important to use rubber motor mounts and trans mount to allow some movement to avoid breaking the trans case,usually in the area of the tail shaft.
Well Said

Interesting topic. I installed some aftermarket stock replacement mounts, it raised my engine a little, but brake torqueing with no boost being built the motor rotates a lot!!! brand new mounts, I think made in korea... junk, the little v6 makes enough torque NA to move the motor like that.. not good!

So I bought a driver side H and R mount, which I still need to install, but hopefully it solves the issue, I also bought a TH400 mount from H N R so maybe that will help as well. I'll probably pick up the driver side too since I'm building a pretty nasty motor.

But I will say the person who posted about a mid mount/ back of engine mount helping to reduce engine stress, that kinda makes sense I'll have to look into that!

I remember asking the sales rep from Energy Suspension why they didn't make mounts for our cars. His reply was " too small of a market to invest time and design" The HR stuff is simply perfection, all his products made here.:cool: You know you make a good product when people copy it like Paul's anti roll bar :rolleyes:

Back