upper control arms

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Installing tubular upper control arms. Got the stock ones out. Was looking to install bushings in the ears. Are the bushings gone? Looks like there might be a peice left in the ear?

Attachments

• bushing3[1].jpg
    bushing3[1].jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 245
Back up and take another pic.. Looks like an adaptor or something added to the stock housing ears???

Why not upgrade to 1LE 10164152 bushings?

Hello,

If you have it apart and are looking for the performance advantage of tubular control arms, why not do the full monty and change the bushings to the stiffer rubber ones from GM? Should give you better feel and stiffness, but not be harsh or potentially noisy like polyurethane ones. This way, whether the stockers are worn out or not, you can upgrade and not be wasting money or time. I paid $130 through dealer for the eight required with 20 percent discount, but an ebay seller has them for about $60.
Also, check what appears to be a crack in the picture on the bushing housing - hopefully it's not, but looks so from pictures. Best of luck.

I installed some H&R adjustable upper control arms with urethane bushings at both ends and I'm very satisfied with them...

Claude. :)

Figured it out. They were anti-hop brackets. Added by the previous owner. Going back the a stock style set up. Here's a pic futher back. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• IMG00061-20081228-1014[1].jpg
    IMG00061-20081228-1014[1].jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 155