You can type here any text you want

ups and downs of truckarms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

futten

im considering a truckarm suspension on my regal ive been talking a little with charlie about this and have been woundering what are the up and down sides of this kinda suspension its a big step and a somewhat big expense to get the kit so im just considering if its worth it on stock cars the springs are on the arms themselfs and not on the rearaxel what is the differance of these two performance wize? also the kid gives you a cross member for shock that are angled inwards what are the benefits of this?

the inward angled shocks give you a longer shock with more travel, which might mean better control..
the truckarm kits i've seen keep the spring on top of the axle housing just like your stock setup- but if they were put out on the arm like the stock Chevy truck that the arms were first used on and like the NASCAR racers that made them famous, that just means you need a slightly stiffer spring for the same rate at the wheel.

The Big downside is over the axle Exhaust is nearly impossible, so the Exhaust comes out in front of the front tire.

I was going to comment on the exhaust as well. also if the springs need to mount on the arms then there will be NO room for them, there is no room infront of the axle.
plus they will have to hang way down to clear the floor.
I think a bolt on package would be a better way to go.

IMO

The Big downside is over the axle Exhaust is nearly impossible, so the Exhaust comes out in front of the front tire.

I have to stop replying with my iphone.

I meant in front of the rear tire. You'd have to make some kind of body tunnel to get the exhaust above the arms.

This is why the single long arm is more popular on production cars, than truck arms.

Back