You can type here any text you want

Use of a power plate on the TTA's.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I'm wondering what TTA owners use a power plate and what owners used a PP, but removed it due to excessive knock retard or other problems? I've had one of my TTA since I bought it, but am thinking about removing it to see what happens. My buddy Ed tried one on his TR but took it off due to excessive KR while using it. He switched to a Hemco and the KR was gone. Anyone know of a used Hemco for sale for a stock diameter throttle body? How about a billet FP regulator?

I ran it and could up the boost because of no KR. Couldn't do that before the plate went in. That was with the stock plenum.

Geesh starting trouble..

Do 3 runs on DS and watch knock activity. Then do 3 runs with and watch knock activity. You'll have your answer.

Then to really mess with ya, how bout a Precision plenum and PP.

I havent gotten my car consistent enough to perform the test.

I got the 70mm TB, plenum & PP kit. But there are a few months left before we can take out our cars :(

I am using the Power Plate on both of my cars with less knock than the stock plenum. But both cars have very little mods and are basically stock.

Both cars have a chip change, walker muffler and adjustable wastegate. The Festival car has the large cone K&N air filter along with and adjustable FP regulator.

- Dave

I noticed after install that I could raise boost another 2psi and get no KR.

This was without alky....just running 93 octane.

Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
I noticed after install that I could raise boost another 2psi and get no KR.

This was without alky....just running 93 octane.

Bo

I noticed the same thing on my car.

Back