used limited slip

j_alstrand2000

Hi,

Im looking for a used in working shape 10 bolt factoy limited slip.Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
John

Would you consider a Powertrax No-Slip Traction system? I have one with very low miles. $320 plus shipping. You can install it yourself w/o disturbing the gears! $325 plus shipping
Hot Air

Why arnt you still using it??How did it work compared to the stock limited
slip?What is your oppinon?Let me know.

John

John,
My 84GN w/87 drive train is a street vehicle that I take to cruises with my wife. I'm 62 years old so I appreciate a smooth machine. My GN came with an open rear end. I bought the Powertrax because I could install it and it was relatively inexpensive. Powertrax is owned by Richmond Gear so you know it is a good product. Check out the link below for more info.

POWERTRAX® EXTREME TRACTION SYSTEMS

The Powertrax is a "locker" system that has some advantages.....is installable by most all Buick owners, DOES ensure equal torque to BOTH wheels when going in a straight line (drag strip?), low cost, no clutches to wear out, etc
and
some disadvantages...there is some popping noise occassionally when making a hard low speed turn at stop signs.

I finally got tired of the popping and bought an Eaton LS and had it installed and like it very much. It is not cheap. Beware of used GM limited slip parts as the clutches are probably already worn out. Call me if you have any other questions.

Conrad Carter
704-983-2302

Conrad,
About your powertrax,would you sell it for $275 shipped?I can get a new powertrax for $ 381.99,Let me know.
John