You can type here any text you want

Using Fast Stalls when put in gear

• Thread starter Thread starter LikeMy6
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
L

LikeMy6

I have a Fast B2B w/t wbo2. everytime when I start the car after its been sitting and its fully cooled down, I let the motor warm up to 160* then put it in drive or reverse the car stalls. To move it I must rev up the motor to 1500+rpm then drop it in gear to keep it from stalling. Once the trans fluid reaches 160*+ this problem stops, and I can then just drop it in gear at idle without stalling. What can I adjust to fix this. My knowledge on tuning the fast is very limited. So I will need a detailed answer.

TIA

Sounds like its going lean when cold or the iac is not reacting fast enough, for the load in gear. Try increasing the p gain to about 30, and the d gain to about 20, on the idle parameters. If that doesnt work, keeping increasing the warm up enrichment, at the temperature that it is stalling at. Do a data log cold, as it stalls, and you can see just before the rpm drops what is happening, if the A/f ratio is going lean or possibly too rich before it stalls.

I like to keep the throttle setscrew holding the throttle blade(s) open far enough so that the huge majority of the idle air is let in by the throttle blade(s) and not the IAC.

I like the IAC to hold a high idle when the engine is cold, and maybe to catch the engine when you drop it into gear.

Remember that the IAC is reactive- the ECM doesn't open the IAC until you are already below idle setpoint (unless you have some throttle follower). You can tune the P&D parameters as Norbs suggests, but I will often find that the engine idle speed starts to oscillate if the IAC reacts too quickly. That's why I prefer to let the throtle setscrew let most (all?) of the idle air in.

-Bob Cunningham

Bob's correct you will notice it surge, if the d gain is up to high, so if it does back it down a bit

Back