You can type here any text you want

V4 Intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bobtempest

Staff member
I was thinking about putting a V4 on my TTA, and was wondering if this would cause a ground clearance problem?

Thanks Rob (Bobs Son)

Yeah it will sit lower than the crossmember and if you try to use the Buick Scoop it will hit the ground. I have seen it on a friends F-body.

But your in Luck :D Dequick made 2 Prototype V4 intercoolers for the TTA but I guess there wasnt enough interest to make them into production. I have one that I'll sell. Check out the pics, I used this on my car to go 121mph on 24lbs of boost with a totally stock motor with just a turbo and injector upgrade.

The scoop that comes with the intercooler isn't that great, If I were to keep this I would make a new scoop for it to really allow it to get some air, but I need cash to help with my rebuild. I think I paid like $800+ bucks for this, I was going to throw it up on ebay and let the TTA guys bid on it but I'll take $750 bucks for it if you want it.

Look in the pictures at the necks and you can see how its nothing like a buick IC. The IC really gets sucked up into the car so there are no ground clearance issues what so ever.

Here it is up against a stock IC.

TTA V4 Pics

His is different. The one he has is the stock size with a new core. The other strech belongs to a TTA somewhere in Illionis I think, around Tonys Shop.

Tony's building one for my TTA as we speak. Actually, according to him, it's done, but getting powdercoated. I ordered it in October and was told 3 weeks ;) Fortunately, I knew enough to apply a multiplier by that estimate, so I'm expecting it in 2002.

Supposed to include a scoop & mounting brackets.

I'll post pics when I get it.

Brian Green
89 TTA

Originally posted by Red Canyonero
Tony's building one for my TTA as we speak. Actually, according to him, it's done, but getting powdercoated. I ordered it in October and was told 3 weeks ;) Fortunately, I knew enough to apply a multiplier by that estimate, so I'm expecting it in 2002.

Supposed to include a scoop & mounting brackets.

I'll post pics when I get it.

Brian Green
89 TTA

Price?

Back