V6 81 Malibu...Turbo

King im sorry. I forgot all about it. I will try to get some this week if I get a chance. If not i will get some this weekend.

Yes I did. I used all of the wiring from the buick except for the wiring from the headlights and tail lights. The harness that runs to the tail lights, I had to swap a couple of pins to power up the fuel pump. What car are you doing a conversion on?

Hey that extension piece for the cross member is that something you fabricated or is there a place that sells that?
Just curious
Also what did that car run you in it's original condition
I am wanting to do a conversion like this for my next one
Thx Brian

Malibu

Attachments

• 1410835960364.jpg
    1410835960364.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 343
Hi Brian, the extension was purchased from iceman racing. I bought the car in pretty good condition (straight and no rust) for around 4300.

King thats looking good. You got it in there!!! How does it run and do you have any exterior pics? Where is your power steering res.?

Runs excellent,relocated the power steering reservoir to the inner fender behind the drivers headlight.I will post more pictures Wednesday.

Wavess, Just joined the site today. Your car is lqqking amazing, I'm getting ready to do the same swap, I just picked up an 87 GN Full Chassis Complete (m/t,rear,harnesses) Minus the body, Im gonna swap into an 86 SS. From the looks of your swap,I'm gonna really have my work cut out for me, In Your Opinion, Should I do a body swap or should i pull everything off the chassis and use my existing frame...Ty

Whistlin6, I used the original frame from the malibu because it was in such great shape. It was a lot of saturdays that my buddy and I worked on it but we enjoyed putting it together. We really didnt run into too many issues swapping the harnesses over. We used all the harnesses from the buick except the harness at the back for the tail lights. Its really up to you on body swapping. Im not sure if that would speed things up or not but let me know what you decide and post up some pics of your build so we can check it out. If you need some help let me know. Youll have fun building it