Vacation Find

mar86gn

I was in California for vacation last month. I decided to go to the bone yard to scrounge, as i was leaving i saw an 87-t-type behind the fence. I asked about parts,so they directed me to someone in charge. I asked the guy how much for this and that. I almost bit my lip when he said" You can have the whole car for $500". So to make a long story short,my vacation was paid for by my bone yard find.

Great score! That's my idea of winning the lottery.

Was the car complete with engine and trans?

You went to the junkyard while you were on vacation?!?:confused: Damn that's hardcore dude!! :D

Nice score!! :cool:

my wife would effing kill me if i tried to go to the junk yard while on vacation

you are my idol..

My wife has relatives over there in California, and since i'm a mechanic they always have stuff for me to work on. That's how i ended up at the junkyard. I'm glad i went though.

The t-type was missing some engine parts and other things, but basically complete with 8.5 posi and all. I ended up selling the whole car locally to my inlaws friend for $2000.

Now im thinking i could have used some of those parts!!!!

That's just weak man!:mad:

I never get to score something good!:mad:

I can't even find a n/a regal in my yards. Even the g-bodies are hard to find.:(

Originally posted by mar86gn
My wife has relatives over there in California, and since i'm a mechanic they always have stuff for me to work on. That's how i ended up at the junkyard. I'm glad i went though.

The t-type was missing some engine parts and other things, but basically complete with 8.5 posi and all. I ended up selling the whole car locally to my inlaws friend for $2000.

Now im thinking i could have used some of those parts!!!!

What yard was this ?