You can type here any text you want

Vaccum pressure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Some of it depends on the cam used. I posted some info on my vacuum a couple of weeks ago and someone said it was low but then someone posted that we were using the same cams and are running about the same amunt of vacuum.

On a stock cam I was told you can pull about 16-18psi of vac. My cam on an idle pulls about 14 and while crusing in 4th on the highway goes about 17ish psi.

I would imagine if you are seeing about 14-18psi and dont have any vac leaks you are looking decent. If your running a non stock cam post it with your readings and maybe someone can chime in if that is average or not.

Typically negative pressure or "vacuum" is measured in inches. PSI is used when describing boost or positive pressure. JALFYI. ;)

Depending on the cam-shaft, you should see between 15 to 20 inches at idle.

Thanks for the correction. I will try and get the vernacular down. Other than my missuse of labels the information I posted was relativly accurate. :smile:

Acronyms kill me. JALFYI = Just a little for your information? The FYI part was easy took me a few to figure out the JAL.

Typically negative pressure or "vacuum" is measured in inches. PSI is used when describing boost or positive pressure. JALFYI. ;)

Depending on the cam-shaft, you should see between 15 to 20 inches at idle.

What could cause high vaccum? I'm pretty sure it went up since I started my bolt-ons

Back