You can type here any text you want

Vacume lines /PVC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The_Six

Ok guys have a question on vacume lines Im wanting to know if I take a 1/2 in plenume spacer and drill 5 holes to replace the vacume lines in would it work.
I made a quick drawing of what I mean the red would be a line to the PVC valve, the green would be the fuel regulator and the yelow every thing else. I would then cap off the TB ware the block was from factory. Let me know what you guys think.
vacumeblock.jpg

Thats what Im thinking. So what do you guys think I have no EGR stuff so I should only need 4 ports now right ? 1 for the PVC, 1 for MAP sensor , one for the fuel reg and one for ac/heat did I mis any thing ?

Check your clearance with the coil pack assembly. If it is not an issue you may consider putting in an extra npt port in case you go to vacuum brakes down the road - This could be done in the front of the spacer but place/angle it so not to interfere with the iac. :cool:

Forgot the cruz still have it doesnt work have to fix it some day. Ill have to put an extra port back there for brakes and just plug it for now. I need to find out more on how the vacume for heat and air works im going to use a manual valve for the heater lines so I may not need the heat and air line any more.

Can I drill the ports in the lower in take instead of a spacer ? that way there hidden in the back ?

Earl,

Your way over thinking the custom fab option here, if it was worth doing then vendors like Champion or Jason@RJC would have came out with a billet option a Looong time ago.

When you get your motor back and its ready to drop, give me a call and we'll get it back in/up and running.

Then down the road you can think about redesigning the wheel.

Just my O2

Ya probably I just hate to have to take it back a part later to change any thing. I wouldnt be doing any thing with the vacume lines if I hadent broke the rear lines. I should get the engine back some time next week I just hope I get the frontend all back together before it gets here.

Dont tell my wife that she will make me sell it. The big reason Im trying to figure this vacuum thing out is my hard lines are bent beyound use so Im trying to coe up with a plan B and thought if I do it right I could clean the looks up at the same time.

does anyone have a vacuum scematic for an 87 gn? (original type) i am putting my motor back together (been awhile...) cant remember how pcv/ lower intake (hole) was routed? :confused:

Like this?
vac_federal.jpg

And a pick of that side of engine . I think I will be drilling the lower intake for all my vacume ports if it doesnt work Ill plug them and try something else.
IMG_1434.jpg

you know what u could do is tap into the lower int. like u want for vacuum and then use a (ford type) vacuum tree hidden somewhere to run all your vacuum stuff. u would just have to use your check valves.

I was thinking of using a fuel block on the fire wall with an 3/8 line going from lower intake to it but didnt know if it would pull enough vacuum that way. for the PVC valve I tohught about moving it to the back of the intake but if i had to change it I wold have to take the coil packs off so I think Im going to add a port above it in the intake .

Ok guys I couldnt get the spacer Idea to work like I liked so I am thinking now I will drill a 3/8 hole and tap it then run a line to a vacuum block and hide it on the car some ware. do you think 1 3/8 port to a vacuum block will pull enough vacuum for my needs. I ill have hydro brakes and no EGR but i do have a/c and heat still.

cant be any werse then it is now with opil going in the TB from the PVC.

Back