You can type here any text you want

Vacumn vs Hydro-Boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thomas G. Tew

Im about to change out the Busted powermaster unit on my GN for something less expensive and more reliable. Ive read thru some forums, but just wondering, which would be the best for a daily driver Grand National; Vacumn or Hydro-Boost? Any Pro's & Cons for each? Thanks for any help or advice.

The easiest is the vacuum brakes, and usually the least expensive. If you have a highly modified car though, you might want to go with the hydroboost. It has a much better stopping power.;)

Changed mine to vacuum couple years ago. no regrets other than I didn't do it sooner. I wasted hard earned money on 3 remanned PM's that lasted only a year or two a pop before the conversion. For a street car there is no downside and no more sudden brake failures. Sometimes simple and tried and true is better than technology.

Yeah, simple tried and true sounds good to me too. Thanks for the advice, gonna go with the vacuum kit!

Back