You can type here any text you want

Vacuum brake conversion costs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
to clarify.... (although there is no such '87 T-Type'), the 87 'Turbo T' did NOT have vac. brakes, while the non-turbo 'T' pkg. regal (307 V8) did have vac. brakes... just sayin'... :wink:

You are correct;) - i ASSumed he was referring to LC2 powered applications........ my bad:redface:

Powermaster Reply

OK, thanks Scott W for that part number I needed that. heres the way I'm going to tackle the job. I don't believe tapping into the PVC hose or buying a special vacuum block is wise or ness. The vacuum tap can be placed in the side of the plenum. I'm going to drill & tap it it to 1/4 or 3/8 pipe in the side facing the booster using a 3/8 hose barb fitting . The brake pedal issue I believe can be solved by re drilling a hole in the proper location dictated by the push rod position. By the way while one is at it drill & tap a 1/8 pipe thread in the L/corner of the plenum to also accommodate a tap for the boost gauge or what other vacuum dependent accessories you may have. I have done this before ,it works & makes for a clean neat job.

My new GN came with the conversion already in place, so far so good, lots of feel in the pedal. Although I know no differently the guy I purchased from referred to the Powermaster as "horrid". Good enough for me!! :)

I realise this is an old thread, but I thought i'd add my 2 cents. I installed the Hydro-boost system used on the 84- 85 gn's. (I have an 87) its a lil more in depth than the vacuum conversion. (and I think I used the same brake pedal as PM). But the brakes hold much better imo.

Back