You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Brake Conversion Problem!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
Hey guys , first off thanks in advance. I recently installed the vacuum conversion kit from Red Regal and so far so good. However I teed into the charcoal canister vacuum line and i only get good stopping power when the engine is at low RPM. If i feed the car boost then the pedal is nearly unpushable. You literrally would break the pedal trying to push it down. Is there a better place that i can tee into at least temporarily until i :redface: get a vacuum block. My pcvs have been replaced by breather filters so no luck with that. Please please please let me know asap. THANKS AGAIn.

It doesn't matter where you tee in if you're getting a hard peddle after boost. It's happening because the boost is getting to the master cylinder. You might verify the check valve between the master cylinder and the vac/boost is working. Sometimes they leek at higher pressure so maybe you could try a different one or double them up. HTH

check valve? never got one in my kit. Any pics or info on where i can get one and how i install it. The only valve looking thing i have is on the vaccuum booster itself and it is basically a little nipple to where i put the vacuum line on connected to a vacuum source. please help

Well, you could pull that nipple out and do a blow/suck test. Should be able to do one, but not the other. (with your mouth on the same side) You can also go to the parts store or wrecking yard and get a check valve and just splice it in. I'm assuming of course all your other parts are good and hooked up right. (I think redregalt has a good rep for a reason)

That little nipple on the vacuum booster is the check valve.

If you removed the PCV, then isn't that port now available on your vacuum block? If so, get your vacuum from there.

Ahhh thanks Sir. BTW im assuming the check valve goes inline the vacuum hose between the vacuum source and the nipple on the booster? Or am i way off? Thanks

Its so weird. I could be pressing on the brake pedal but when i build boost on the line it will actually push my foot up literrally...

i see now. double them up would make sense. im sorry i just realized that the check valve is "the nipple" on the booster. Derrrr. My mistake. This is really strange..

Thanks bandit. I will give it a shot right now. I will call around to see if there are any in the parts stores. Ill be sure to let you know after.

Your check valve resembles this one; right?

Attachments

• 89000_top_rgb[1].jpg
    89000_top_rgb[1].jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 142
Your problem is your vacuum source. Either use the PCV line or wait until you get the TTA vacuum block.

Back