You can type here any text you want

vacuum brake conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
makes one wonder why they ever came out with the Powermaster in the first place.

since vacuum brakes work on vacuum doesn't that mean when you go from vacuum to boost the brakes would no longer hold?

In theory, yes.

However, if you've ever hooked a boost/vacuum gauge to your intake, the second you let off the boost the pressure inside of the intakes goes from positive to negative.

In other words, I can get into boost, be making 10 PSI...or 15....or 20....then let off and all the sudden the needle on the gauge drops from 10/20 PSI to like 15-20 hg. And I'm not going to be applying brakes while in boost so in all essence I don't see why a vacuum conversion would not be logical.

Only time I could see there being an issue is if you're trying to use your brake launch the car by holding the brake pedal and spooling up the turbo.....if you're gonna do that why not just invest in a trans brake?

Hey Guys...I just got my car out today anf Ive got the super soft pedal thing going on too. I have a buddy at advance auto, so what parts from an 84 gn do I ell him I need?
brad

Back