You can type here any text you want

vacuum brake help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WINDMILL

I just change to vacuum brakes and this just will not hold under boost. i have 4 wheel disc brakes too. I have tee in to the pvc valve(is this ok). can not get old 2 to 3 lbs boost before it pushes the car forward. i have read alot of the post on the vacuum change over but mine does not seem to work good. any help on this before i take it back off.

sorry for the double post

You should get a better vacuum source and ensure the brakes have been bled correctly including pushing the plunger in on the prop valve on the frame for the duration of the bleed. I noticed I had better holding power when I moved my vac src from the pcv tee to one of the TTA style vacuum blocks.

change

i wil change the vacuum sorce now and try that. will get back soon on that.

You should get a better vacuum source and ensure the brakes have been bled correctly including pushing the plunger in on the prop valve on the frame for the duration of the bleed. I noticed I had better holding power when I moved my vac src from the pcv tee to one of the TTA style vacuum blocks.

Good advice. I have the TTA style vacuum block on mine and can hold 9-10lbs of boost no problem!:cool:

also dont forget to try the old sy/ty trick.... right before you goto bulid up boost throw the car in "n" and give it a couple rev's while pressing the brake down hard... then just put it back into drive and start buliding boost :)

none

i done what jim as done on the neutral thing. also has a new check valve in it too. it wont hardly hold 1 to 2 # of boost. i have some thing wrong. maybe the master cly is bad or something. the pedal is not firm like it sould be.

done that

we have done that to, and let the line just run fluild out for a while to blead itself.

Get the TTA vac block and go to the booster from the top of the TB. Whats your vacuum numbers at idle?

thanks guys

well thanks for all the help on this brake deal. I just sprung for the hydroboost system from bob. i hated to do it, but i think it will be better in the long run for me. If anyone needs a vacuum setup mine is for sale. its works great reg driving tho, but not holding boost at the starting line for me.

Back