You can type here any text you want

Vacuum brake issue.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamn4GN

Swapped over to vac setup in the spring. Worked great. But last week or so my brake pedal has gotten really firm. Almost as firm as if you built the pedal up without any vacuum. I really have to put some weight into the pedal just to stop the car. Check valve is working properly. Not sure if it's the unit itself or just the master cylinder. Anyone have any problem with this. Car still stops but I'm getting a keg work out and it's just not enjoyable to drive.

Yup same boat, was gonna try a couple new check valves before i posted. ill chime in a little later on what I've been thru with my swap...Mike

Yeah my old man said the same. Hopefully I'm able to find one. Are they pricey buying new? Never looked into it.

I have a vacuum conversion as well, if you haven't already done so, stainless braided flex hoses make a big difference, better pedal feel, better braking. I changed the front flex hoses and the one which goes over the diff.

x2 bad booster

I've done a few vac brake conversions and never have a problem with them and i'm talking many years later.

Don't skimp on buying new parts. And try getting by with using old worn out parts that have been sitting out exposed to the elements or who knows what.

The only used part that i install is the brake pedal. The brake booster and master cylinder i buy new with a lifetime warranty. As cheap as they are there is no need to take a chance on used old parts.

x2 bad booster

The only used part that i install is the brake pedal. The brake booster and master cylinder i buy new with a lifetime warranty. As cheap as they are there is no need to take a chance on used old parts.
X1,000,000,000,000,000 Same for suspension parts

Yeah just installed a new setup. ran out of light to bleed the whole setup but will finish her up tomm. Yeah the booster was used, but i left out that I almost smashed into a dog just about when the pedal started getting hard. Locked up all four tires for a few yards. I think I just blew it apart because when I apply pressure onto the brake it just hisses and blow air out , just glad i didnt hit the dog, i was crusing pretty good. Wouldnt have been a pretty site..hopefully she will be good to go tomm with the new set up

Back