You can type here any text you want

vacuum conversion question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hydroboost Conversion

Cool. The 4.6 Mustangs Used Hydroboost, Partly Because Of Valve Cover Issues. They Even Turned The H/b Sideways To Clear The Wide Engine. With The Big Rotors, The Stopping Power Is Phenomenal. They Used A Smaller Power Piston In The Mustangs. We Go With The Bigger Piston. You Can Stretch The Seat Belts With This Combo. We Do Have H/b's For Any Year A, Or, F Body Cars. Even The Full Size Impalas, (502,572) Cads, Etc. Those Guys Sometimes Like To Go With A Chrome, Or Powdercoated Unit, Even To Match Their Engine, Or Car Color. We Have To Disassemble Them For That.

I'm not sure of the Hydroboost name origin, maybe you guys can help me out. My Dad bought a new '56 Buick Special Hardtop (Bittersweet and White, Wow) with regular brakes. A couple of months later he installed a power brake system he called a Bendix Hydroboost system (he ran a garage). Is this the same thing?

Years ago I converted a 65' 442 to a hydroboost system from a diesel car. Worked awesome!

Hydroboost Conversion

You Are Thinking Of The Hydro-vac. (hydraulic-vacuum) This Was A Remote Mounted Booster That Used An Input Line From The Master, And Multipled The Pressure Coming Out Of The Slave Cyl, Usually 3 Times The Input Pressure. Truck Hydrovacs Could Multiply Up To 6 Times The Input Pressure. Ie: 300psi In=1800psi Out. You Hooked A Vacuum Hose To The Manifold, And Could Mount The Hydrovac Anywhere, Even In The Trunk, And We Still Do. They Were Produced From 1941 To 1992. The Problems With Those Are, They Don't Make New Ones Any More, And They Were Used With A Single Master. Dual Masters Required 2 Hydrovacs, And A Lot Of Plumbing. We Installed Hundreds Of Them In The 60's, As Most Cars Had Manual Transmissions, And Manual Brakes.

Back