vacuum conversion question

tl14910

im in the middle of converting my car to vacuum brakes, where do you guys tap in for the vacuum line at? thanks

Buy a 3/8" vacuum Tee. Napa has them on those carosel parts racks for $4 ( overpriced, but...). Insert it just above the PCV valve, and run a 3/8" hose off the odd leg around the back or under the coilpak or whatever route you care to, to the check valve on the vacuum cannister. If you have that moisture filter, it's unnecessary to use it.

Attachments

• T for vacuum.jpg
    T for vacuum.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 166
I have my vacuum source from the vacuum block on top of throttlebody. You will need another vacuum block with the side port for vacuum brakes.

-1 ... It works no better, it's an unnecessary expense, and more importantly, IT'S UGLY. :tongue:

RRT not knocking yoursetup no jab intended.

I just had that setup on my 86 GN and the plastic tee eventually broke from the oil (area by PVC there is oily vs on top of the TB) and heat. Is the reason I dont prefer it and run off the TB now.

RRT not knocking yoursetup no jab intended.

I just had that setup on my 86 GN and the plastic tee eventually broke from the oil (area by PVC there is oily vs on top of the TB) and heat. Is the reason I dont prefer it and run off the TB now.

Of course, there's not a thing wrong with what you've suggested. I'm just kiddin' with you in my prior post, but anything can break. A hose can blow off. Any number of things can go wrong, but the fact remains, there is no problem with the method I've described. The area where the hose goes to the check valve is busy enough without having some fat hose running across it all. :wink: However, if you want to trade jabs or agree with me, just step into the political forum with me .... OH! That's right ... my opinion is not allowed in there. :(

"I may not agree with you, but I will defend to my death your right to say it." But if you post at TB., you're not allowed to disagree with the popular POV. We will silence you. :rolleyes:

Of course, there's not a thing wrong with what you've suggested. I'm just kiddin' with you in my prior post, but anything can break. A hose can blow off. Any number of things can go wrong, but the fact remains, there is no problem with the method I've described. The area where the hose goes to the check valve is busy enough without having some fat hose running across it all. :wink: However, if you want to trade jabs or agree with me, just step into the political forum with me .... OH! That's right ... my opinion is not allowed in there. :(

"I may not agree with you, but I will defend to my death your right to say it." But if you post at TB., you're not allowed to disagree with the popular POV. We will silence you. :rolleyes:

HA thats hilarious. I stay outta that place. FWIW before it broke teh vac signal was just fine there.:cool:

I put the 'T' up higher, about even with the hard line, with open port facing backwards towards the coil pack, and run a short (~3-4") hose straight down to the pcv, and long hose from the rear facing open port, behind the coil pack, to the booster. Looks absolutely factory..... (use a black 'T') :)