You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

klmnla

Watson LA
After converting from powermaster to vacuum brakes, will the brake light be disabled? It appears that there will now be no electrical connection to the vacuum setup. Not a problem, just wondering. I plan on getting a new booster and MC from NAPA and locating a used pedal. Wish me luck. :)

After converting from powermaster to vacuum brakes, will the brake light be disabled? It appears that there will now be no electrical connection to the vacuum setup. :)

The brake light will still work. There is a switch on the proportioning valve bolted to the frame. The lamp should light if there is an imbalance in the brake system. You just won't have indication of low pressure in the power master system.

The brake light will still work. There is a switch on the proportioning valve bolted to the frame. The lamp WILL light if there is an imbalance in the brake system. You just won't have indication of low pressure in the power master system.

+1, and when the e-brake is on... :p The lamp will still light if there is a problem w/ the MC.... which will cause the pressure imbalance.... same as any other vac brake car.... :)

I purchased the booster and MC complete from Advance Auto for $135.00. I cant seem to find a 86-87 Monte Carlo or Regal anywhere to get a brake pedal. Anyone know where I can get the brake pedal? Or how to drill the old one? :confused:

When I converted to vacuum brakes I re-drilled my powermaster brake pedal to complete the job.After you install the brake booster to the fire wall and secure it, if you are using the powermaster brake pedal, you will have to mark the placement of the booster anchor to the brake pedal, then remove the pedal and drill a new hole for booster anchor.

Thanks for the info. I now feel confident that I can drill the old pedal and it should be fine,:cool:

Thanks for the info. I now feel confident that I can drill the old pedal and it should be fine,:cool:

It's not a big deal to do, just takes more time to do the conversion this way rather then swapping out the brake pedal with no drilling.

Back