You can type here any text you want

Vacuum leak tester question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
For those of you that have made or bought a vacuum leak tester that pressurizes the turbo inlet side, is it necessary to pull the valve covers and rocker shafts when using this method ? And will this also show leaks at the header ?

No .just the throttle body needs to be kept open.also to find any exhaust leaks I would jam the hose in one of the tail pipes and clog the other side with a rag.spray dish washing liquid water it down a little in a spray bottle .spray any where you want to check for leaks headers hoses.and spray all on that vacuum blocks on the throttle body when you put the hose in that intake .then look for bubbles.

Use this kinda of set-up it works best.
d2aada8198e24b0c6f3b2822043cb58f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Use this kinda of set-up it works best.
d2aada8198e24b0c6f3b2822043cb58f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Where do i find these and are they for the same location just made differently ? I was going to order one from siliconeintakes.com but i see all of theirs are sold out so maybe they are not making them anymore. I made one a few years back that did the job but popped loose on me around 25psi, cant find it now so maybe ill just hit the hardware store and try to build another one.

Back