You can type here any text you want

Vacuum line routing ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

josh young

I searched for the routing for the Vacuum lines on the 86-7 cars, the ones I found were either for hot air cars or old links that didn't work. Can anyone help me find a diagram? Also, does any of the vendors offer a vacuum line kit? A couple of the guys on the Syclone / Typhoon forum make them and they work great, just never seen one offered for a Buick. What is a good brand of vacuum line to use? I've always heard the horror stories about crappy line from the parts stores on syty.net, just wondering what you guys use when going through the system. Thanks for any info guys, and sorry for all the questions.

Earl, after I thought about it I remember the it was the thinner silicone hose that a couple of members had a problem with. I found the sizes for all the lines on the site in another thread. Just want to make sure the Vacuum block hoses are 8/32" for three ports, one 6/32" and one 12/32". Just wondering if that sounds right? Thanks Earl!

That sounds about right. I keep a hoes box and just grab out what fits. With lines that small it's pretty easy to fudge a size one way or the other.

Just now saw that about the silicone hose Aminga. I just finished it up a little while ago, most of the lines were in pretty good shape. They of course were not the originals, but they are new now. Zipped tied the heck out of everyone of them too. Thanks guys for all the input!

Earl, after I thought about it I remember the it was the thinner silicone hose that a couple of members had a problem with. I found the sizes for all the lines on the site in another thread. Just want to make sure the Vacuum block hoses are 8/32" for three ports, one 6/32" and one 12/32". Just wondering if that sounds right? Thanks Earl!
OK that translates to 1/4", 3/16" and 3/8".

this post http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/silicone-vaccum-lines.193703/#post-1363979 talks about silicon hoses, I have a post in the discussion that talks about how much hose I got to replace all my vacuum hoses, actually here is what I posted there.
I found the following site had pretty good prices on silicon hose.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/hoseandclamps.htm

There was a post several years ago that listed lengths needed for the vacuum hoses. I figured 12ft of 4mm, 14ft of 6mm and 5ft of 8mm for the above website to get their over 30ft discounted price, buying couple extra feet of hose was cheaper than buying the correct amount at the higher price. I haven't bought from them yet, but I plan to. [\QUOTE]

HTH
David

Not trying to spend your money for you..... but to the the parts house and get a few feet of every size.

Having that stuff around the house is a lifesaver when you need a piece of hoes. Plus at almost $4/gallon, its worth it to have cheep stuff on hand. I hate when I have to go to town and buy something that cost less than the gas I burned to go get it.

Earl- Fresh vacuum hoes was a mod you left out of your signature :ROFLMAO:

Not trying to spend your money for you..... but to the the parts house and get a few feet of every size.

Having that stuff around the house is a lifesaver when you need a piece of hoes. Plus at almost $4/gallon, its worth it to have cheep stuff on hand. I hate when I have to go to town and buy something that cost less than the gas I burned to go get it.

Earl just likes having hoes around the house.

Back