You can type here any text you want

Value of 199K mile TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

I am considering selling my TTA that I bought about 2 months ago since I really need something that is more of a practical daily driver. Please do not bash me and say I should just keep it and use it as a DD etc. I have done a lot of work to the car since I got it and it is in excellent shape for it's age and mileage. The turbo spools up very easily, motor has 60psi cold, 40psi cruising, and 15psi at idle. According to the receipts it had a new timing chain and oil pump put in it a few years back. The car runs strong and hard, shifts firm (transmission may have been rebuilt) rides as good as a TTA can, and has the normal creaks and rattles that any t-top 3rd gen would have. It is no show car but I have seen TTA's with a lot less mileage that do not look as good. The car is current on tags and inspection, its all stock except for the flowmaster muffler. It needs a new front cam plate put on it since the cam taps it at idle. I can list out all the new sensors, parts, etc I have put on it if someone wants to see all of it. In addtion I have the complete anniversary kit with decals and docs except for the keychain.
I would like to have some members throw me some numbers on what they think it is worth. I have heard varying opinions from my friends on it's value and thought I would check here too. Thank you in advance for all of your input.

See pics here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-trans-am-tech/201784-my-198k-mile-tta-pics.html

I'll give you 5K for it:cool:

I don't know much about the TTA values, but I would think it should be worth 9K or up!

Good luck!

I think $10K is tops. Probably $6-$8K. Usually a 100K mile car goes for $9-$10K. But I know conditions of these cars vary quite a bit.

Sell the owners kit seperately....they bring about $600 bux on Ebay:D or add it to the price of the car.

It looks like I will be keeping her for now. A friend of mine who was interested in it got the thumbs down from the wife so I am going to hang on to it. I was trying for $8,500 and with everything said above it seemed pretty fair. I have some money coming in after the first of the year so I am going to get some other things fixed on the car and maybe shoot for some sub-frame connectors in the spring.

Your price is inline. I say keep it and drive it. Enjoy it like someone already has.

Jason

:biggrin: You know that's what I wanted to hear!

Your car is pretty impressive. Thanks for showing it to me the other day.

I'll tell you - other than the odometer showing 200,000 there is not much else to indicate its high mileage. Seems to run good (pulls hard), and the body appears in great shape. It was obviously cared for. Enjoy it!

Chris
----------
1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1812 miles)
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1986 Toyota Supra MKII
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900

Back