valve cover breather on

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
i put on the KN valve cover breather on the pass. side today and i know i have a leaky rear main and oil pan gasket(i think) and now whenever i get ANY kind of boost (even 1 psi) it smokes out the back like CRAZY. it didnt do this before. any sugestions? i know the KN breathes fine. could it be the PCV valve? my old breather looked pretty clogged up. it used to smoke just not as bad.

BTW, i used a old spark plug and put it in the rubber connecter coming off the turbo inlet bell to plug it off. it fits perfect. i just broke off the ground electrode and the procelain back part and you cant even see in. and since it cant fit in the hole anyhow it has no chance of beeing sucked in and neither do the sealer rings on the threads b/c they cant be twisted off :D

Did you replace the breather grommet?

If so, be sure that it's not getting pushed closed. Some of these grommets (including the two that came w/ my K&N breathers years ago) have overlapping flaps that need to be trimmed.

i left the stock grommet ,that is around the hole in the valve cover, on. it wasnt messed up so i left it alone. i could see all inside the valve cover when i took the old breather off. oh well i know i got a rear main and pan leak and im gettiing it fixed today so that should fix it.