You can type here any text you want

Valve Lash Help PLEASE!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
Been doing a bunch searching and have not got a really solid answer. I am running a 109 block with some ol' school M&A aluminum heads and Roller Rockers. The Cam is from Full Throttle Speed and I bought the kit which includes:

Comp Cam 210/215 roller cam
Buick V-6 Morel Roller Lifters

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/customkititems.asp kc 001BUROLLMOREL eq+

I will be checking for correct pushrod length today so once that is done, I will need to set the valve lash. Thanks for your time!!!
cam card.jpg
rockers.jpg
lifters.jpg

youll be setting preload on a hydraulic lifter not lash
i would go 40-50 preload on the morel

those rockers are individual shaft style (chevy) with a locking nut on the shaft and dont have a separate adjuster screw at the pushrod. you have to adjust the height of that rocker for proper geometry
you can set the height of the rocker for proper geometry using a chevy style rocker tool (and adjust that height based on rocker lift ) .
once the rocker is locked in on the shaft at proper height then adjust your adjustable pushrod checker up for zero lash , then remove the adjustable pushrod tool and spin it out an addition 3/4-full turn for preload , now measure and order your pushrods

Last edited:
Thanks for the video!!! That clears it up!

Back