You can type here any text you want

Valve size?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
OK guys, time to show my ignorance again. :rolleyes:

I have this really nice pair of SII aluminum heads (bare). I would like to start looking for some valves. What's the best way to measure the seats so I know what size to ask for??
Also, what stem length and size would they take?

Dave,

I just put Ferrea super alloy exhaust valves in my heads. The stem is 11/32. They are 5.56 long. The dia. is 1.630.

HTH,
Scott

I was hoping someone could tell me how to measure across the seats (calipers, etc) to figure out what size valves might have been in these heads.

Dave,

I can probably dig thru my stuff and find a couple of old valves to send you. I think most of the valves I have are 2.02 and 1.6 if I remember correctly.

That should give you some idea what size you need.

Dave

Originally posted by turbodave231
Dave,

I can probably dig thru my stuff and find a couple of old valves to send you. I think most of the valves I have are 2.02 and 1.6 if I remember correctly.

That should give you some idea what size you need.

Dave

That would be a huge help!!! I'm just not sure about what I'm seeing on the caliper. The intakes could be anywhere from 2.02 to 2.08(might be too tight up against the exhaust valve).
and the exhaust side could be 1.6-1.65 (possibly something on the larger side).

Dave, I think your going to find 2.08 and 1.625. Best bet is to take them to to the shop that will do the valve job and assemble and let them tell you for sure. The majority of the rest of the heads I got out of that bunch had those sizes.

Originally posted by Ron Tarabori
Dave, I think your going to find 2.08 and 1.625. Best bet is to take them to to the shop that will do the valve job and assemble and let them tell you for sure. The majority of the rest of the heads I got out of that bunch had those sizes.

Thanks Ron. I need to look for a few more pieces, and was trying to find your Ph#. We're in transition right now, and all my "stuff" (and phone numbers) is in storage. Could you PM me your Ph# again?

Thanks

Back