You can type here any text you want

Valve sping presures

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
Valve sping Pressure

My buddy wanted me to ask what valve spring Pressures people have tryed with a roller cam thats around .600 lift and around 7600 RPM He has been running 210# seat and 500# over the nose:)

I'm not sure which heads you are talking about, but, my spring pressures are higher on my Champion heads. I have 290 seat and 590 @ .600

Hey Cal :cool:
Good to see you posting:)
His heads are S2 and maybe you can ask Mr Fiscus what he runs and tell him hi for me at the same time. I should call the window maker and ask him myself i guess;)

Cal,

I have to second Gene's statement about having you post.
It is nice to see you back. Have you taken your car back to the track since your issues earlier this year?

Thanks John. I haven't raced the car since Bowling Green. I usually take the Florida summer off and spend more time riding my jet ski.

I will be bringing the car out next week with some changes. It will have a smaller turbo and camshaft and run on drag radials. I feel pretty confident I can run 8's in this configuration and want to race in the many DR classes available.

Cal
You must have told Dave(The window maker) i said hi because he called but i didnt hear the phone ring:( Thanks for your input:)

Cal,

Who are you going to race with?
NMCA ?
www.dragradialwars.com
I know you will make Orlando.

I take that you installed one of the super 76 turbos.
Those things are like a clipped 91 from what I have heard.
I know of a couple people making more than 1200hp with them.
Let me know how you do. I might go radial racing in the future.

Talk about hijacking a thread! I will be at Big Daddy's race. Unfortunatly, I have decided not to bring my car. I will be there with a customers car instead. I couldn' get over the fact that he allowed inline 6 cylinders two power adders and weight breaks, but wouldn't give a V-6 any break at all.

Originally posted by HighPSI
I couldn't get over the fact that he allowed inline 6 cylinders two power adders and weight breaks, but wouldn't give a V-6 any break at all.

Think he's onto you Cal? :eek:

I am interested in any buick racer that trys to compete.
Most buicks are garage or car show queens.
I have spoken to the following racers.

Alan Witter
Dale Cherry
John Galina
Joe Copson
Bob Peterson
Richie Kibler
Jim D
Kenny Duttweiler
Ron Fruchey
Bob Goldfine
Chris Chow

And many more

Radius Kid might be oppressing some tendencies.
NO offence Cal, but I am happy with my beautiful wife.
5.1, ~100lbs and she is a wonderful Christian.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Radius Kid might be oppressing some tendencies.

LOL!
I'm repressing the tendency to strangle the bugger's neck who thinks that a Turbo six should have to race heads up with a 3,000 pound Camaro w/ 500 cubes and a 400 horse shot of nitrous.
Apparently the big block guys up here don't like losing to a turbo 6
even if it weighs 3,500 pounds and has less than 270 cu.in.'s.
They consider the turbo a power adder even if just helps to level the playing field cu.in. wise.
Funny how that works.
However,they're also the "no replacement for displacement" bunch.:rolleyes:

Back