You can type here any text you want

Valve spring for champion gn1 heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

Does anyone know what valve springs come on the gn1 heads for a hydraulic roller cam. Looking to change my springs and cant get in touch with champion. A part number would be great. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Probably has run-of-the-mill K motion 750's. That seems to be the standard issue. But they could be anything depending on how they were ordered.

Why do you want to change?

Aluminum heads?

What cam?

PAC 1201 or 1201X are popular. Good 1.25" spring with some extra pressure for some of the slightly more aggressive off-the-shelf roller cams.

It has about 20,000 miles on the spring and are not holding boost or rpm. Cam is a 206 eastern roller with about .460 lift. Nothing crazy. Motor has been sitting for a while with the rockers not loose. Just look to upgrade them to something with a little more seat pressure than what they came with from champion. So they come with a 1.25 diameter spring ? Thanks

And yes heads are aluminum.

The 1.25" dia is probably the most common. If they were behives you would be able to tell at a glance.

That cam wouldn't require a whole heck of a lot of spring. If you get set up with 125 or 130lb closed and maybe ~360 open you would have plenty.

Mine came from Champion with PAC 1201 springs about a year ago.

My heads are roughly 10 years old but I will check to see what it has.

Back