You can type here any text you want

valve spring question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

speedskills

Seniór Member
I bought kirbans valvesprings a while back and haven't installed them yet. Do I need to pull the heads? I'd hate to because I've been lucky enough not to have any head gasket leaks:biggrin: and would hate to create one. Any tricks to doing them w/o pulling the heads?

You can do them on the car. Some guys use nylon rope in the sparkplug hole. I use an air compressor and fitting I made that pressurizes the cylinder and holds the valves up. I have a real nice comp cams valve spring tool but its for LS1's. Havent swapped out my GN springs yet.

I have the air fitting that's not a problem. The spring tool I have is the claw style and won't grab on due to the oil deflectors around the spring. I tried smacking a socket with a hammer to release the retainers with no luck. Not to mention they'll probably take off flying and I'll never find them. Is there a different tool to compress the spring? Thanks.

id toss those kirban (eschlin) springs and order some comp 980s

the tool kirban sold worked well ,i use the kirban (rons custom) tool that i welded up to strenghten because the kirban tool will break if you try doing roller cam springs and as posted above

if you can weld and grind you can build one from an old rocker and use a peice of pipe or an old shaft *i use shafts that ive broken over the years),

Back